If you’re like me and have been looking to Facebook or other social media for solace, comfort, human connection, or hope that the universe will sort this shit out, you’ve probably only found misery, despair, proof the world is coming to an end, and other lost souls who don’t have the faintest clue in how to process their feelings or make it all better.
That’s why I propose we write What is Right With the World.
Share what is right and great about life right now. Not to forget, to distract, to diminish all the work we have to do to make sure everyone feels safe and respected in this country, but to find a safe haven between battles, respite from the storm, and light at the end of the day.
Here are a few things that come to mind:
- The unconditional love in your purring kitty or snuggly dog’s eyes when he looks at you. (If your thing is a furry tarantula, something scaly or that sheds its skin, I can’t help.)
2. The sun rising again even when you thought it never would.
3. This face, His Holiness the Dalai Lama.
4. And this quote from His Holiness the Dalai Lama.
5. This for obvious reasons. (Because it’s called the warrior pose, ladies!)
So in those dark moments, please share in the comments below, on your Facebook page, on Twitter, on Instagram, on Snapchat, on whatever else you use #WhatisRightWiththeWorld.
And, um, let’s just make America great.